- Live 8 organizer, Bob Geldof, nominated for 2006 Nobel Peace Prize
- Sufjan Stevens - The Lord God Bird
Thanks to gorilla vs. bear
- Sufjan's Illinois Back on Sale...For Now
Kinda, sorta, not really. Retailers are being allowed by label Asthmatic Kitty to sell their current stock of the album. However, after that, the release will be pushed back to August 1st.
An email message sent to retailers yesterday evening by the label's distribution company said: "Any retail outlet which currently has Sufjan Stevens' Illinois in their possession can now sell at will. This can be done with the full blessing of Asthmatic Kitty and SC Distribution."
Unfortunately, that's not the end of the story. "We are not able to ship any more copies from our warehouse," the message continued. "Asthmatic Kitty is still dealing with unresolved issues. Right now, worst case scenario is that we have to wait until a repress with new artwork lands-- conservatively, that would be around the first week of August."
- Download the new Flaming Lips CD, 'Fearless Freaks' legally! Also, check out the Fearless Freaks trailer. Thanks brooklynvegan.
All who can are urged to copy it and put it on the Internet. Do whatever you can do with it. Please, please do not pay hard-earned money for it. (excerpt from 'Wayne's Intro' on the CD)
- Bucky Done Gun video preview at M.I.A. site| full video at thebigticket
- Donewaiting has the new NIN video, 'Only', directed by David Fincher (of Fight Club fame).
- The video for Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games is one of the cutest and most bizarre you will see this year. Thanks, donewaiting.
- Sleepwalking 130 feet up