DJMonsterMo Dec 08 Mix
01. The Raveonettes - Come On Santa
02. Chairlift - Evident Utensil
03. Architecture In Helsinki - That Beep
04. N.A.S.A. - Gifted feat. Kanye West, Santogld, Lykke Li
05. Kurtis Mantronik - Take Your Time
06. Double Dee/Steinski - The Payoff Mix
07. Debbie Deb - Look Out Weekend
08. Idle Warship - Black Snake Moan
09. Wiley - Cash In My Pocket feat. Daniel Merriweather
10. Snob Scrilla - Chasing Ghosts
11. The BPA - Toe Jam feat. David Byrne and Dizzee Rascal
12. La Roux - Quicksand
13. Hey Champ - Face Control
14. Metric - Help, I'm Alive
15. Army Navy - My Thin Sides
16. Love Is All - Wishing Well
17. Envelopes - I'd Like To C U
18. Fol Chen - Cable TV
19. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Can't Hear My Eyes
20. Hello Stranger - Devil's Highway
Here's a special holiday mix for those of you who have endured my posting drought.
The mix starts with The Raveonettes. They're back with a holiday EP entitled, 'Wishing You A Rave Christmas'. If you liked "The Christmas Song", "Come on Santa" will be right up your alley. Meanwhile, Chairlift is milking the benefit of their iPod Nano-Chromatic ad spot. They need to make more songs like "Bruises" and "Evident Utensil". Continuing with the twee theme, Architecture In Helsinki is back with a new single, "That Beep". Here's the cheesy video. Next up, N.A.S.A. (Squeak E. Clean and Zegon) have their new album due out soon. This song is a pretty hot collaboration with Kanye West, Santogold, and Lykke Li...damn! Now, take the time machine for some Mantronix, Steinski, and Debbie Deb for tracks 5-7.
Fast forward to the future with a new tune from Idle Warship (Talib Kweli, Res, and Graph Nobel), "Black Snake Moan". Moving on to "Cash in My Pocket", what can I say. 2008 has been a big year for Roll Deep crew member Wiley, whose "Wearing My Rolex" and "Summertime" have already been huge hits in the UK. Transition from scrilla in your wallet to Snob Scrilla, a cross-over indie rock/hip-hop act from Sydney, Australia that has had some buzz this year. Next, The BPA is one of Norman Cook / Fatboy Slim way-too-many aliases. I doubt you've missed the gratuitous NSFW video. La Roux is up next with a very catchy electro pop tune, "Quicksand" as well as a Bananrama-esque video. I'm looking forward to their album, if and when it comes out. "Face Control" continues the catchy electro vibe. It's from Hey Champ, who are from Chi-Town and are touring with Lupe Fiasco.
Metric's new single "Help, I'm Alive" has me very excited for a 2009 release. Next up, a bit of catchy indie power pop from Army Navy whose new eponymous album was just released in October. Track 16 is "Wishing Well" by Love Is All, a song I have played to death in my car. Envelopes is next with the winsome hyperactivity of their song "I'd Like to C U". Fol Chen kicks back with their ode to motels, shady rendezvous, and "Cable TV". Next is a nostalgic new release from Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. Last but not least, Hello Stranger concludes with "Devil's Highway", a haunting tune from the My Blueberry Nights soundtrack.