Mash-Ups. What da drilly yo? Songs that should never be put together have unnatural coitus and a bastard song pops out...that's a mash-up. Sometimes the mashes are scarier than the alien-baby from Eraserhead. But once in a while, the mash really works.
I think this is one such example. Even if you don't like it, it's still worth hearing for the curiosity factor.
Dunproofin' - MIA vs. JAMC - Galang Reverence
I'd like to hear from you which ones you like!
- Others available on the web:
- Kylie vs. Massive Attack - Slow Angel
Kylie's vocals mesh well.
- Radio Ga Ga vs. Queen - NY At Last
Wow, sounds like a bona fide 80s release.
- Le Tigre vs. Missy E - Deceptafreak
One of my favorite mash-ups.
- B-52s vs. Snoop - Rock It Like It's Lobster
This one is just plain strange.
- Ciara feat. Missy E vs. Coconut Monkeyrocket - Stepping On Explosives
- Dizzee Rascal vs. Prodigy - Stand Up Fool
Damn, this mash-up is slammin'!
- Blur vs. Beyonce - Naughty Dover Girl
This one mashes together extremely well. Must be heard to be believed.
- Golden Boy feat. Miss Kittin vs. P.J. Harvey and Thom Yorke vs. Corey Hart vs. Human League - The Night Of Kittin's Messy Dream
I cannot comprehend such disparate elements forming a coherent whole.
Edwyn Collins vs. Chicks On Speed vs. John Wink - Wordy Girl
The Josh Wink sample is a little scary and unnecessary. Otherwise, this one is a precious little curiosity.
- Devo vs. Missy E - Pass That Whip
Almost works, but Missy is slowed down too much here. You hear some speed slowing artifacts.
Usher vs. Queen - Usher Bites The Dust
This one is kinda boring.
- 50 Cent vs. Joan Jett - I Love Da Club
- U2 vs. Way Out West - Vertigo (Breaks Mix)
Starts out promising but does not succeed in the end.
- Christina Aguilera vs. Velvet Underground vs. The Communards - Girl Wants (To Say Goodbye To) Rock and Roll
I don't know if I like this or hate this. It's very well done, especially the ending. But I'm sure Lou Reed would not approve.
- Destiny's Child vs. Devo - Lose My Freedom
Well done again, but it's missing something. I think it's too fast.
- Britney Spears vs. The O'Jays - Backstab Me One More Time
Wow, this mash's togetherness is uncanny.
- Basement Boys - Hold Your Rendezvous Now
Beastie Boys vs. Basement Jaxx
- Basement Boys - Check Your Red Rump
- Missy Elliott vs. Joy Division - Love Will Freak Us
- Basement Jaxx vs. Missy E vs. Dee Lite - Groove Is A Bitch
This one almost works.
- Ice Cube vs. Beck - Turntables Are Ice
Easy mash, and it works pretty well.
- Jay-Z vs. GNR - Dirt Off Your Shoulder In Paradise City
- Lil' Kim vs. Commodores - Lil' Brick House
- Modest Mouse vs. Grandmaster Flash - Float On The Message
- G-Unit vs. Motley Crue - Shorty Wanna Feelgood
I don't think words can describe this unique experience.
- Jay-Z vs. Nena - 99 Luft Problems
- Jay-Z vs. The Verve - Brush Off Your Bitter Sweet Shoulders Off
Damn, this mash holds together much better than I thought it would.
- Unfortunately, my favorite mash is offline: DJ BC - The Flaming Lips vs. Snoop Dog - Yoshimi Battles Snoop Dogg. You may be able to find it somewhere out there.
MP3s were shamelessly culled from these sites. Much respect guys and gals. Your well-honed craft is tickling my ossicles.