- DCist: HFStival Lives (We Think)!
I wasn't too depressed when radio station WHFS was forced by the forces of evil at Clear Channel to adopt a Spanish music format, since I don't listen to the radio much anymore. However, if I run out of CDs or I'm riding shotgun in someone's car, the lack of WHFS as an option does leave me with an empty feeling, especially when I think of the many great years that WHFS did have and the two HFStivals I attended. Nothing against Spanish music, but please find another frequency.
Tentative list for May 14 at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore:
(* = bands I might actually care to see)
Billy Idol (wtf?)
NY Dolls (they still exist?)
Also, WHFS still lives online, albeit at the lair of evil known as AOL. Speaking of which, Latin AOL is on the rocks.
As an anomymous commenter informed me, WHFS is still on the air in Baltimore part-time at 105.7 FM.
- The La's return
- Newsweek interview with Robert Rodriguez on 'Sin City'
- Affleck wants to outdo Gigli
- Rev. Al Sharpton To Buy His Way Into Hip-Hop
- Kanye recruiting multi-intstrumentalist Jon Brion?
- White Stripes finish new album
- Roger Clemens' Hummer stolen
- Yahoo will up mail storage to 1 GB