- The Hobbit movie is three years away
- New Order uses Bluetooth posters to wire music to users
This is a novel idea that very well could be the wave of the future in advertising. Special digital posters beam song clips, ringtones, and photos to fans’ cellphones at HMV's in London and Manchester.
Define irony: Those who registered at the website for Monty Python's Spamalot, a Broadway musical, received a lot of spam when their information was pilfered by spammers.
- New TOS for AIM includes 'No Privacy' clause
"...by posting Content on an AIM Product, you grant AOL, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents and licensees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt and promote this Content in any medium. You waive any right to privacy." Thanks to Slashdot for alerting us.
- Can't remember phone numbers? Don't worry, most people can't.
- Japanese create a system for home networking over power lines