Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Saturday, September 10, 2005

Yeah, more Katrina, and Franz Ferdinand

Incredible photo gallery of Katrina.
This survivor's first-hand digital picture account gives a clearer picture of how things got from not-so-bad to really bad: from the calm in the eye of the storm, the immediate hurricane aftermath, the flooding afterwards, the looting, and the truck that the guy stole to escape. I think the media and government accounts are misleading and most of the talking heads actually have no idea what happened.

A little birdie told me that the new FF has leaked here. Sample it then buy it; or fight the urge and wait till October (like that's gonna happen). All I'll say for now is that it's an impressive follow-up LP, easily one of my favorites of the year (yeah, it's that good). Even though I love Metric and BSS, I'd rank this above each of their respective latest albums. I hear Iggy Pop, Billy Idol, Gang of Four, and Beatles influences throughout; however, they don't abandon their fun, dancy post-punk revival style. I think that Rolling Stone and NME will drool all over this one. After you sample it, you can pre-order it below.

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better


DJMonsterMo | 2:07 PM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus