Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Friday, February 03, 2006

Coachella vs. Bonnaroo vs. SXSW

Alas, I don't have the time or the funds to see SXSW, Coachella, and Bonnaroo. For the live music writers who do have the time and do this for a living, I envy you. To determine which festival, if any, I should see, I've posted the lineups and tallied up which bands I want to see.

  • Coachella vs. Bonnaroo vs. SXSW
    Saturday, April 29th
    Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, Franz Ferdinand, Sigur Ros, Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley, Common, Atmosphere, Carl Cox, My Morning Jacket, TV on the Radio, Ladytron, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Tosca, Cat Power, Animal Collective, HARD-Fi, Derrick Carter, Devendra Banhart, She Wants Revenge, The Walkmen, The Juan Maclean, Imogen Heap, Audio Bullys, Lady Sovereign, Deerhoof, The Duke Spirit, Eagles of Death Metal, Lyrics Born, Matt Costa, The New Amsterdams, The Zutons, Platinum Pied Pipers, White Rose Movement, Chris Liberator, Colette, Joey Beltram, Hybrid, Living Things, Wolfmother, The Like, Nine Black Alps, Celebration, The Section Quartet, Shy FX & T Power, Infusion.

    Sunday, April 30th
    Tool, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party, Paul Oakenfold, Scissor Sisters, Matisyahu, James Blunt, Sleater-Kinney, Mogwai, Coheed and Cambria, Wolf Parade, Coldcut, Phoenix, Digable Planets, Amadou & Mariam, Little Louie Vega, Mylo (DJ Set), Seu Jorge, Gnarls Barkley, The Go! Team, Kaskade, Metric, Editors, Art Brut, Dungen, The Dears, Jamie Lidell, The Magic Numbers, Los Amigos Invisibles, Jazzanova, stellastarr*, Michael Mayer, Murs featuring 9th Wonder, Mates of State, Gilles Peterson, Infadels, Gabriel & Dresden, The Subways, Minus the Bear, One Republic, Be Your Own Pet, Youth Group, Giant Drag, Kristina Sky, The Octopus Project.
    (there are 51 bands I wanna see)

  • Coachella vs. Bonnaroo vs. SXSW
    June 16-18, 2006
    Radiohead, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Phil Lesh & Friends, Beck, Elvis Costello & the Imposters , Bonnie Raitt, Death Cab for Cutie , moe. , Bright Eyes, The Neville Brothers, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Buddy Guy, Damian Marley, Ben Folds, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Dr. John, Matisyahu, G. Love & Special Sauce, My Morning Jacket, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Steel Pulse, Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove, Cat Power, Medeski Martin & Wood, Nickel Creek, Gomez, Atmosphere, Steve Earle, Blues Traveler, Amadou & Mariam, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Dresden Dolls, Son Volt, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Jerry Douglas, Soulive, Rusted Root, Devendra Banhart Band, Donavon Frankenreiter, Mike Doughty, Sasha, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, The Magic Numbers, Bill Frisell, Seu Jorge, Bettye LaVette, Dungen, Shooter Jennings, Rebirth Brass Band, Robinella, Andrew Bird, Steel Train, Jackie Greene, Devotchka, Wood Brothers, dios (malos), Toubab Krewe, The Motet, Marah, I-Nine, Balkan Beat Box, Cat Empire
    (there are 20 bands I wanna see)

  • Coachella vs. Bonnaroo vs. SXSW
    March 15-19, 2006
    too many to list here
    (there are 53 bands I wanna see)

  • Considering my limited time and funds, and the likelihood that I will be in the L.A. area at the end of April (against my will), I am probably gonna get me some Coachella tix. I just wish there were some bigger names so my non-indie friends would wanna join me for the trip. Man, I was hoping against hope for Smashing Pumpkins and My Bloody Valentine reunions. *sigh*

DJMonsterMo | 7:37 PM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus