Sunday, January 21, 2007
- There's a myspace blog that's keeping track of Coachella confirmations and rumors. Of course, knowing how previous years have gone, take these with the grain of salt. The speculation is exciting though. More of the latest can be found on the Coachella forum. The following was shamelessly cribbed from the aforementioned site.
PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED:
The Police (an legit insider confirmed the offer to the band)
Chk Chk Chk !!! (label, myspace)
The Fratellis (tour schedule)
Lily Allen (playlouder, interview)
Silversun Pickups (numerous music sites, band's myspace at one point)
Hot Chip (confirmed from band during a radio interview on wwcd 101.1 fm)
Peeping Tom (tour schedule)
Comedians of Comedy (myspace)
Blonde Redhead (tour schedule)
Explosions In the Sky
LCD Soundsystem (DFA)
Fountains of Wayne (Filter)
Lupe Fiasco (pitchfork, interscope site)
Oh No Oh My (confirmed during an interview)
Cornelius (Filter online)
VNV Nation (numerous magazines and websites)
Kaiser Chiefs (tour schedule)
Konono No 1 (tour schedule and Spin)
Rodrigo y Gabriela (Spin)
Arcade Fire (new album, plus tour schedule)
Modest Mouse (new album, plus tour schedule)
Queens of the Stone Age
The Hold Steady
The Decemberists (tour schedule plus recent album)
Cold War Kids
Boards of Canada
Tapes and Tapes
TV on the Radio
Band of Horses
Rage Against the Machine
- Teki Latex - Les Matins De Paris (MP3)
Tasty french electro pop from Teki Latex featuring Belgian pop tart and actress Lio. One of my favorite tracks of the year so far. Big thanks to Discobelle for posting this earlier.
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Catch You (video)
I like this song better now that I've seen the video. She looks a bit anorexic though. The song is very energetic but her vocal delivery is rather nonchalant. I guess that's part of her appeal, but it's hard for me to really get into the song. Not coming from the UK, I don't know much about her except her club hit from a few years back with Spiller, "Groovejet".
- Pharoahe Monch - Gun Draws
A public service announcement from Pharoahe Monch. This is an internet-only video deemed to graphic for MTV.
- New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream (video)
This ranks up there with 'Test Icicles' among the worst band names ever. The video is tasty though. The single will see a stateside release soon.
- Cell phone bling rivaling the iPhone: Prada.
- How not to drive on icy roads
Brought to you by the local Mensa chapter in Portland
Labels: electronic, hip-hop, mp3, pop, video