Arcade Fire live (video). Rihanna (video), Dizzee Rascal (video), The Pipettes (video), CocoRosie (video), Calvin Harris (MP3), new Chemical Brothers
- Arcade Fire - Neon Bible & Wake Up, live in Paris (video)
Arcade Fire sing "Neon Bible" in an elevator and start a concert in the crowd in Paris with "Wake Up".
- Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella (video)
Rihanna may not have the prettiest face, but the rest of her is smokin' in this music video. Download the MP3 here.
- Dizzee Rascal - Sirens (video)
This is the rather dark video for Dizzee Rascal's first single off his third album "Maths and English". Download the MP3 here.
- The Pipettes - ABC (video)
Awesome animated video for this rather silly song.
- CocoRose - Rainbowarriors (video)
Moustached women are scary. Just think of your local cafeteria lunch lady. This video is no exception.
- Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the 80's (MP3)
There has been a glut of quality electro coming at me lately. This is the DJ of the moment in Scotland right now. He's even slated to work on some tracks for Kylie Minogue next album.
- Digital Eargasm has the new Chemical Brothers tune, "Do It Again", which sounds derivative of Basement Jaxx. To my ear, it's a strange mix of the Jaxx, Justin Timberlake, and The Knife.
Friday, April 06, 2007
- Here are my Favorite Songs of the First Quarter (in no particular order). Links go directly to MP3s or to Hype Machine.
- Simian Mobile Disco - It's the Beat (the teenagers remix)(MP3)
One of the catchiest electro house remixes I've heard this year. Better than the minimalist original which is too close to "Blue Monday".
- Amerie - Gotta Work (MP3)
Sounds like a cross between "1 Thing" and X'Tina's "Stronger" [via]
- Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (MP3)
Awesomely funky and innocent electro fun.
- Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill
Who could have predicted that this year's hottest electro tune would be a hypocritical (and even contradictory) list of musical commandments?
- Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella
Ok, so I'm wrong. Rihanna is not a one-hit wonder. How can song whose chorus is mostly "ella ella ella ay ay ay" be this catchy?
- Feist - My Moon, My Man
I've been a trying to avoid the leaks but I couldn't resist giving this one a listen. I'm really looking forward to the new album.
- Lloyd & Lil' Wayne - You
No more playa hatin'. A love song for player apologists. "I'll change the game for you".
- David Vandervelde - Murder in Michigan (MP3)
This ballad is chilling in its beauty.
- UGK feat. Outkast - International Players Anthem
It's produced by Three 6 Mafia and set to blow up later this spring.
- CocoRosie - Rainbowarriors (MP3)
A catchy girl power rap as only CocoRosie can do.
- Ne-Yo - Put Your Hands Up
...and wave them all around as if there are no repercussions.
- Joss Stone - Put Your Hands on Me
Sticking with the hands motif.
- Lily Allen - Smile (mark ronson dc remix) (MP3)
A laid-back, summery re-interpretation of the original.
- Apartment - 10000 Times (MP3)
Sounds like a cross between Interpol and Echo and the Bunnymen.
- J-Ro - You Call That Love
Featuring Swedish rapper Chords.
- Rosie Thomas feat. Sufjan Stevens - Say Hello (MP3)
What a lovely song. I wish they had more duets just like this.
- Mika - Grace Kelly