Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

127 Hours Movie Review



127 Hours 8/10
'127 Hours' is about a horror that is almost unimaginable. Can you imagine going through what he went through and doing what he had to do? I was not sure I would be able to finish watching this, but I'm glad that I did. It is a tale of human resourcefulness and survival that makes 'Cast Away' look like Gilligan's Island. I didn't think that James Franco could carry this, but he certainly does and he deserves an Oscar nomination. Although A.R. Rahman is highly touted for his soundtrack work, I felt that some of the music was a bit intrusive. Then again, sound is put to good effect in other scenes, such as the climactic scene. Overall, the writers and director Danny Boyle deserve credit for turning what should have been unwatchable subject matter into a cathartic, triumphant, and life-affirming film.

Labels:


DJMonsterMo | 5:45 PM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus