Beatallica is back, AOL revises AIM TOS, Bloggies, MSNBC on CC, DRM harm, Rock HOF, Billy Joel rehab, Stones tour, Canibus, Annie
- Beatallica is back
Sony has demonstrated that they will come after you for any semblance of a copyright violation when it comes to the Beatles, a fact that parody band Beatallica found out not too long ago. Thankfully, levelheaded analysis of the situation and productive dialogue was promoted by Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich and Metallica's attorney coming to the band's defense. Long story short, Sony has agreed to drop the case and beatallica.org should be online in the near future.
- AOL revises their AIM TOS
Proof that the Slashdot community and blogs CAN influence policy.
- 2005 Bloggies
- MSNBC: Rewriting the rules of copyright (Creative Commons)
- How DRM will harm the developing world
- Rock and roll HOF inductees: U2, The Pretenders, The O'Jays, Percy Sledge, and Buddy Guy
- Billy Joel enters rehab, again
- Stones to kick off world tour at Fenway Park
- Canibus prepares 2 new albums
- Annie LP to see US release in May