- CNN introduces podcasting
- Worth1000 gender-blending photoshop contest
- Cruise gets wet again
Funny flash animation. Thanks to BWE for the preceding two links.
- Iraq War Casualties on Google Maps
- Time Magazine to Hand Over Reporter Notes
- Ruben Studdard accuses ex-manager of identity theft and forgery
- Blogger introduces picture posting
Actually, this started 6/24, but I just noticed it.
Dark Globe Feat Amanda Ghost - Feed (mylo remix)
Kylie Minogue - I Believe In You (mylo remix)
More terrific remixes here
Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
- 100 Greatest Pop Songs Since 1963 (WMA Download)
As chosen by 'experts' at MTV and Rolling Stone. Thanks, Brooklyn Vegan for the heads-up.
- 'The Lost Liberty Hotel', featuring the 'Just Desserts Cafe'
Coming soon to Supreme Court Justice Souter's yard, haha!
- Yahoo! Social Search and MyWeb 2.0
More at Waxy.org and a screenshot here.
- Amazon short-film competition
Billy Corgan - The Future Embrace (video)
This trippy 18 minutes video is Corgan's headlong foray into the world of futuristic rock opera.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
This time, there will be 2 winners, both drawn randomly!
1st: Limited Edition Colored 12” Full Length Vinyl (2 discs), Odyssey CD, Poster, Stickers, Enhanced “Just Let Go” single with 4 mixes
2nd: “Just Let Go” enhanced CD single w/ 4 mixes, Poster, Stickers
Be sure to check out the videos, especially the Never Win video so you can answer the following trivia question: "What does Casey Spooner get hit in the head with in the 'Never Win' video?"
“Never Win” (Video)
"Just Let Go" (video):
Main Site: http://www.fischerspooner.com
Missy vs. Fischerspooner - Emerge Bitch
This is a silly mash that has Missy rapping faster than Bone Thugs on speed. The mix is a bit overlong though.
- Mark Cuban provides an astute business-side perspective to the Grokster case. And here's a nice summary of all of the MGM vs. Grokster goings-on. Jay-Z and other artists hail the Grokster ruling. Meanwhile, Salon wonders how Grokster will impact Google.
- NIN remix contest
Trent Reznor has made "Only," the second single from "With Teeth," available for remixes and mash-ups.
- iTunes 4.9 with podcasting support
- Nike has been getting flak over their skateboarding tour poster that mimicked Minor Threat's classic punk record cover. Nike has since issued an apology.
- Preshrunk rants about 'Vote for Pedro' shirts
I agree. If I had a dollar for every Vote for Pedro or Che shirt I've seen...
- Bush flip-flops on the value of exit timetables
- Picasso mistress sells sketches
- Psychiatrists: Cruise comments 'irresponsible'
- De Palma making Untouchables prequel
Yikes. Don't tarnish the few good movies that are in your filmography.
King Kong trailer (quicktime)
Starts out slow, but you can kinda tell by the end that another Peter Jackson treat is in store for us. I dunno though, the CGI could use some fine-tuning, lest it turn into another 'Hulk'. In other news, Jackson is suing New Line for not seeing much of the revenue from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
What's on Phil Hellmuth's iPod?
2. 50 Cent
3. Jay-Zee with Linkin Park
That's an, um, interesting mix. For those who don't know, Phil Hellmuth is the talented Enfant Terrible of Poker.
Monday, June 27, 2005
- Court: File-Sharing Services May Be Sued
Hollywood Can Sue Over Movie, Music Piracy
"We hold that one who distributes a device with the object of promoting its use to infringe copyright, as shown by the clear expression or other affirmative steps taken to foster infringement, is liable for the resulting acts of infringement by third parties,"Justice David H. Souter in MGM vs. Grokster
This is a stunning defeat for P2P.
The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Internet file-sharing services such as P2P networks can be held legally responsible if the use of their service promotes illegal sharing of software, music, and movies, rejecting warnings that the lawsuits will stunt growth of cool tech gadgets such as the next iPod.
The unanimous decision remands the case to the lower court [so, it's NOT OVER yet], which had ruled in favor of P2P services Grokster Ltd. and StreamCast Networks Inc. on the grounds that the companies couldn't be sued. The Supreme Court has found that there may be enough evidence of unlawful intent for the case to go to trial.
- Read the complete decision (PDF)
- EFF Press Release | EFF Press Conference audio
Today the Supreme Court issued a ruling that could impede makers of all kinds of technologies with expensive lawsuits. The long-awaited decision in MGM v. Grokster states that P2P software manufacturers can be held liable for the infringing activities of people who use their software. This decision relies on a new theory of copyright liability that measures whether manufacturers created their wares with the "intent" of inducing consumers to infringe. It means that inventors and entrepreneurs will not only bear the costs of bringing new products to market, but also the costs of lawsuits if consumers start using their products for illegal purposes.
"Today the Supreme Court has unleashed a new era of legal uncertainty on America's innovators," said Fred von Lohmann, EFF's senior intellectual property attorney. "The newly announced inducement theory of copyright liability will fuel a new generation of entertainment industry lawsuits against technology companies. Perhaps more important, the threat of legal costs may lead technology companies to modify their products to please Hollywood instead of consumers."
Opinions from the other side:
- RIAA statement
- Ex-CEO of the RIAA, Hilary Rosen
- Notes on RIAA and MPAA conference
- Musicians and songwriters
- Supreme Torturer, i mean Attorney General Alberto Gonzales:
"I am pleased that the Supreme Court has considered this important case and determined that those who intentionally induce or encourage the theft of copyrighted music, movies, software or other protected works may be held liable for their actions."
- Sony BMG Executive Andrew Lack:
"We will no longer have to compete with thieves in the night whose businesses are built on larceny."
- Previous coverage on this site
- EFF | Grokster reader's guide | Statement from Public Knowledge | Statement of the Consumer Federation of America, Consumers Union and Free Press
- Public Knowledge
- Wall Street Journal Roundtable
("Whether a reasonable balance has been struck here or not is in the hands of future judges to decide, when faced with a test of such a new technology or layer of technologies -- maybe BitTorrent, maybe RSS, maybe something as yet unknown." -John Palfrey)
(A bright spot in footnote 12 from the Supreme Court: "in the absence of other evidence of intent, a court would be unable to find contributory infringement merely based on a failure to take affirmative steps to prevent infringement....")
- Copyfight | What happened | Notes on the EFF Press Conference | The inducement test?
("Purposeful culpable expression and conduct" - Souter)
- Scotus Blog | Scotus Blog discussion | A new challenge to file-sharing companies
- Randy Picker's MobBlog
- Tech Law Advisor
- Freedom to Tinker
- New York Times
- CNet News | The players | Winners and losers
- NPR | NPR with Xeni Jardin (Windows audio)
- CNN Money
- The Economist
- USA Today
(Who humorously state: "We'll have more punditry on this later, as soon as we're done hiding the evidence that we've totally Limewired, like, everything with a 7 or higher on Pitchfork...")
- Read the complete decision (PDF)
- 10 Commandments OK on the state capitol grounds but not in courthouses???
I'd like to see the arguments for this ruling.
- Supreme Court Will Not Hear Miller/Cooper Case
Basement Jaxx vs Gorillaz - Oh My Good Gosh!
Download more Cheekyboys mashes here.
Gorillaz vs. The Killers - Somebody Told Me Feel Good
Download more Aggro1 mashes here.
Sunday, June 26, 2005
- What NASA would do to a comet headed toward earth (video)
- Is Sean Penn the next Joker?
I only posted this as an excuse to display the hilarious Photoshop.
- AP: Revenge Motivated 'Deep Throat'
- Coldplay pays tribute to Kylie at Glastonbury
- BBC: Doctors 'find dead foetus in boy'
- Gorillaz contest winner
- NYT on Stu Ungar, Death in the mosh pit, more
- Tom Cruise gets wacky, Diplo remixes Gwen
- Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes (video), Mary Carey on Daily Show, more
- Kelly Clarkson Vs iiO - Since You Been Giving It Up
- Time's 50 Coolest Websites, new Kasabian video, more
- Single brain cells tied to specific celebrities, Romero interview, more
- M.I.A. - Arular bonus tracks
- The New York scene in the 1970s, more
- Top 100 Movie Quotes, The White Stripes and The Shins presale, live Bloc Party, more
- Gorillaz contest!
- Smashing Pumpkins to re-form (possibly), The Cure gains an old member, more
- Modest Mouse Live Archive
- Tom Cruise gets sprayed, NSFW Louis XIV video, New Flaming Lips, Annie interview, more
- Spin's Top 100 from 1985-2005
- Amazon live Bob Dylan and Norah Jones concert on July 16th
- Salaries of America's favorite TV dads
- Coldplay - Lips Like Sugar, Coldplay - What a Wonderful World (Live @ T in the Park)
"Feel Good Inc." vinyl; 7" picture vinyl; a DVD that has the "Feel Good Inc." video and two B side audio tracks, "Bill Murray," and "Spitting out the Demons"; stickers; poster; and comic book.
For correctly answering:
Who is the guest singer on the track "Dare", and what band did he front in the late 80/early 90s?
Shaun Ryder, Happy Mondays
Thanks to all of you who entered. Better luck next time and stay tuned for future prizes.
Saturday, June 25, 2005
- NYT on card legend Stu Ungar
- Man stabbed and killed at Corrosion of Conformity concert in mosh pit
- Vietnamese-American hottie Maggie Q to star in 'Mission Impossible 3'.
- Boing Boing: All of Ibsen coming to the Internet
Friday, June 24, 2005
- Tom Cruise rants about psychiatry
Tom Cruise to Matt: No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do...
Matt. Matt, Matt, you don't even — you're glib. You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, okay? That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's the medical test? Where's the blood test that says how much Ritalin you're supposed to get?
Fast forward to 7:37 for his rant on psychiatry and antidepressants. May not work in Firefox.
- Tom Cruise kills Oprah
This is a funny quickie video (in case you've been living under a rock and haven't seen it yet.)
- Diplo remix of Hollaback girl at Gorilla vs. Bear
- Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes (video)
You're just bad news, bad news, bad new-ew-ews.
- Mary Carey on The Daily Show (video)
This segment is frikkin hilarious!
- Marlon Brando's Large Life Auctioned
- Roger Ebert gets star on Walk of Fame
Kelly Clarkson Vs iiO - Since You Been Giving It Up
Nice electronic mash-up of the infamous Kelly Clarkson tune.
Thursday, June 23, 2005
- Time's 50 Coolest Websites 2005
Hmm, music/MP3 blogs got shafted. That's ok; the feeling's mutual. We get our news from the BBC and New York Times anyway. Ha!
- Kasabian - L.S.F (streaming video)
Wow, this is an uber-cheesy 80s throwback.
- Fischerspooner - Never Win (e-card)
If you haven't seen the awesome video, it's in this e-card.
- Former FBI Informant Links Death Row To Biggie Slaying
- Create your own beast
Via Boing Boing. My beast is on page 318, the Mosqallirhinocockatoo.
- These are the most adorable desktop speakers I've ever seen
- Boing Boing: The girl with the DVD face
This is seriously creepy.
- Boing Boing: Single brain cells tied to specific celebrities
Scientists report that a single neuron in your brain responds when you see a specific person.
All I have to say is: if I have a single brain cell that recognizes Pauly Shore, please shoot me now.
- George A. Romero interview
Can't wait for 'Land of the Dead', no matter what the critics say. Romero + Dennis Hopper = a winning combination in my book anyday.
- Justice Rehnquist close to death? (kottke.org)
- Courtney Love $430,000 in Debt
And she still can't sing or act.
M.I.A. - Arular bonus tracks
Thanks to totally fuzzy
- Flashback: New York in the 1970s
This was a cool little find by BoingBoing. Interesting to see how the stars, socialites, and swingers kicked it back then.
Rolling Stones sans Charlie Watts.
Andy Warhol and Yoko Ono.
- Defense Department hatches plan to create student database for military recruitment
- Oscars Reject Stunt Performers
- Radio 1 crosses the Pond
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
- E! Online - News - AFI's Top Movie Quotes
Ok, this is a list I won't bitch about. It's a pretty good list of mostly classic lines.
- OMG, The White Stripes and The Shins presale for September 27 @ Merriweather Post Pavilion • Columbia, MD
Hard to tell if frontman Jack White is ever being serious. One thing's certain: The White Stripes made a seriously brilliant new album, Get Behind Me Satan. Taking their act on the road with indie darlings The Shins, this presale is going to go faster than Jack's shotgun wedding.
And that's no joke.
Presale is Thursday, June 23 @ 10am-10pm
Password is redrain
There is a 4 ticket limit
Public on sale is Saturday, June 25 @ 10am
click here to purchase tickets
- Bloc Party Live in DC
Thanks to *Sixeyes
- Trial to Probe Notorious B.I.G.'s Slaying
- New S-Class unveiled
- Upcoming film about Tim and Jeff Buckley?
Thanks for the heads-up, Picasso.
- Noel Gallagher of Oasis hates hip-hop
- Luxury store apologizes to Oprah
New York Post said the Italian store was profiling to exclude North Africans. They claim they had an event that precluded them from accommodating her.
- Cameron Diaz gets punched
- Cassidy Denied Bail, Booked Into Medium-Security Prison
- The Strokes new album details revealed
NME says the album is more experimental, but they fail to clarify what they mean exactly.
- Minor League baseball game opens with two innings played on Xbox, followed by the rest of the game
- New POP77 mix!
- "Feel Good Inc." vinyl
- 7" picture vinyl
- a DVD that has the "Feel Good Inc." video and two B side audio
tracks, "Bill Murray," and "Spitting out the Demons"
- a poster
- a comic book
To enter, e-mail me with subject "Gorillaz contest" the answer to the following two-part question:
Who is the guest singer on the track "Dare", and what band did he front in the late 80/early 90s?
Be resourceful. Allmusic is a good reference, hint hint. A random drawing will be held among correct respondents. Contest closes June 24 at midnight (Friday). I will contact the winner on Saturday by e-mail to obtain his/her information. Void where prohibited. Good luck!
CONTEST CLOSED. STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE PRIZES.
Here's a streaming video of Feelgood Inc. (asx)
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
- Billy Corgan to re-form Smashing Pumpkins
First, Pink Floyd for Live 8. Now, the Smashing Pumpkins. Great news!
- Porl Thompson Rejoins The Cure
Via One Louder, via the Cure website.
- Dave Grohl On Working With Norah Jones
- Music on TV this week
Tuesday, June 21
12:35 a.m. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: RILO KILEY
12:35 a.m. Late Night With Conan O'Brien: JOHN PIZZARELLI
1:35 a.m. Last Call With Carson Daly: the RAVEONETTES
Wednesday, June 22
12:35 a.m. Late Night With Conan O'Brien: DWIGHT YOAKAM
1:35 a.m. Last Call With Carson Daly: FAT JOE
12:05 a.m. Jimmy Kimmel Live: the FUTUREHEADS
Thursday, June 23
11:35 p.m. The Late Show With David Letterman: BEN FOLDS
12:35 a.m. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: BROOKE VALENTINE
12:35 a.m. Late Night With Conan O'Brien: JUSTIN LONG
1:35 a.m. Last Call With Carson Daly: LIFEHOUSE
12:05 a.m. Jimmy Kimmel Live: BILLY IDOL
Friday, June 24
12:35 a.m. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: MIKE JONES
Saturday, June 25
9:00 p.m. Austin City Limits: the JAYHAWKS, GILLIAN WELCH
- Dusted Magazine's Sufjan Stevens Interview
Thanks to Gorilla vs. Bear
- New MP3, Arcade Fire - Brazil (live) at Gorilla vs. Bear
- Fluxblog has tasty new Goldfrapp
Modest Mouse Live Archive
Of varying quality. Mostly shows from 2001 and before, prior to their recent popularity explosion.
Monday, June 20, 2005
- Tom Cruise get sprayed with water from fake microphone
Four people have been arrested and released. You'd think it would be so worth it; however, Cruise stayed surprisingly calm and made the pranksters look foolish. No comment on what the picture looks like or his subdued reaction to the incident.
- Louis XIV's new NSFW video
- Listen to the new Flaming Lips song
...which will appear on the 'Wedding Crashers' soundtrack, this summer's dumb Owen Wilson comedy.
- Annie interview at Pitchfork
Thanks to Brooklynvegan for the heads-up.
- Six-legged puppy with two penises found at Malaysian temple
You can't make this stuff up.
- Boing Boing: Mauritius, a wireless island paradise
Sunday, June 19, 2005 bolded albums ranked too low).
100. Strokes - Is This It
99. Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen
98. Cornershop - When I Was Born For The 7th Time
97. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
96. The Pogues - Rum Sodomy & The Lash
95. Elastica - s/t
94. Slint - Spiderland
93. Pearl Jam - Ten
92. Big Black - Atomizer
91. XTC - Skylarking
90. Sonic Youth - Sister
89. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
88. Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
87. Blur - Parklife
86. Meat Puppets - Up On The Sun
85. REM - Automatic For The People
84. Soundgarden - Superunknown
83. At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command
82. Jeff Buckley - Grace
81. Beck - Mellow Gold
80. D'Angelo - Voodoo
79. Moby - Everything Is Wrong
78. The Stone Roses - s/t - NME would have a fit.
77. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Possibly the best album of the 00s is #77? Wow.
76. Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
75. Le Tigre - s/t
74. Portishead - Dummy
73. Pulp - Different Class
72. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
71. The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy
70. Jay-Z - The Blueprint
69. DJ Shadow - Entroducing...
68. Tricky - Maxinquaye - Clearly, downtempo/trip-hop was thrown in as an afterthought.
67. Slayer - Reign In Blood
66. Outkast - Aquemini
65. Basement Jaxx - Remedy
64. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
63. Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
62. Missy Elliott - Supa Dupa Fly
61. Weezer - Pinkerton
60. De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead
59. Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
58. Metallica - Master Of Puppets
57. The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
56. PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
55. The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
54. The Breeders - Last Splash
53. Rage Against The Machine - The Battle Of Los Angeles
52. Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill
51. Nirvana - In Utero
50. New Order - Low Life
49. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation Of...
48. Radiohead - Kid A
47. Eric B. & Rakim - Paid In Full
46. The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
45. Kanye West - College Dropout
44. Green Day - Dookie
43. B.D.P. - Criminal Minded
42. Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
41. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
40. Run D.M.C. - Raising Hell
39. Lucinda Williams - s/t
38. A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
37. Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand
36. Pixies - Doolittle
35. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
34. Elliott Smith - Either/Or
33. Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
32. The Replacements - Tim
31. Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me
30. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
29. Fugazi - 13 Songs
28. Oasis - Definitely Maybe
27. The Cure - The Head On The Door
26. Bjork - Post
25. Nine Ince Nails - The Downward Spiral
24. Sleater Kinney - Dig Me Out
23. Outkast - Stankonia
22. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless - It's criminal to not rank this in the top 10.
21. Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet
20. Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers)
19. Hole - Live Through This
18. Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
17. Nas - Illmatic
16. Beck - Odelay
15. Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville
14. Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
13. Husker Du - New Day Rising
12. Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
11. U2 - Achtung Baby
10. N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
9. PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
8. Prince - Sign O The Times
7. De La Soul - 3 Ft. High And Rising
6. Pixies - Surfer Rosa
5. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
4. Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted
3. Nirvana - Nevermind
2. Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation...
1. Radiohead - OK Computer
My top 20 from 1985-2005 based on perceived impact/influence (NOT personal preference):
1) Radiohead - OK Computer
2) Nirvana - Nevermind
3) Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
4) Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
5) Pixies - Doolittle
6) My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
7) Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
8) Massive Attack - Blue Lines - neglected by Spin
9) The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
10) U2 - The Joshua Tree - neglected by Spin
11) Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted
12) Primal Scream - Screamadelica - neglected by Spin
13) The Cure - Disintegration - neglected by Spin
14) Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
15) A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
16) Run DMC - Raising Hell
17) R.E.M. - Document - neglected by Spin
18) Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19) Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
20) DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
Runners-up in random order:
De La Soul - 3 Ft. High And Rising
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Bjork - Post
Bjork - Debut
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Pearl Jam - Ten
Nas - Illmatic
Pixies - Surfer Rosa
Husker Du - New Day Rising
Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville
PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers)
Leftfield - Leftism
Prince - Sign 'o' the Times
Gang Starr - Step Into the Arena
The Replacements - Tim
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
Portishead - Dummy
Tricky - Maxinquaye
U2 - Achtung Baby
Amazon, A Show of Thanks
Amazon.com presents a 10th anniversary celebration featuring a concert with Bob Dylan and Norah Jones, hosted by Bill Maher. With other special guests.
|TV DAD||SHOW||JOB||BASE SALARY |
(in 2005 $)
|1||Blake Carrington||Dynasty (1981-89)||CEO Denver-Carrington||$856,515|
|2||J.R. "Jock" Ewing, Sr.||Dallas (1978-91)||CEO Ewing Oil||$838,569|
|3||Philip Drummond||Diff'rent Strokes (1978-86)||President||$720,600|
|4||Chase Gioberti||Falcon Crest (1981-90)||Vineyard Owner||$677,487|
|5||George Jefferson||The Jeffersons (1975-85)||CEO Jefferson Cleaners||$555,702|
|6||Michael Bluth||Arrested Development (2003-present)||CEO Real Estate Company||$527,205|
|7||Jed Bartlet||West Wing (1999-present)||US President||$400,000|
|8||Andy Brown||Everwood (2002-present)||Neurosurgeon||$328,949|
|9||Sean McNamara||Nip/Tuck (2003-present)||Plastic Surgeon||$274,456|
|10||Vernon Albright||My Little Margie (1952-55)||Investment Executive||$270,035|
|11||Walter Findley||Maude (1972-78)||Appliance Store Owner||$245,668|
|12||Heathcliff Huxtable||The Cosby Show (1984-92)||Obstetrician||$237,932|
|13||Tim Taylor||Home Improvement (1991-99)||Host of "Tool Time"||$191,526|
|14||George Baxter||Hazel (1961-66)||Corporate Lawyer||$178,880|
|15||Frasier Crane||Frasier (1993-2004)||Radio Psychiatrist||$164,644|
|16||Jason Seaver||Growing Pains (1985-92)||Psychiatrist||$160,466|
|17||Philip Banks||Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-96)||Judge||$146,000|
|18||Howard Borden||The Bob Newhart Show (1972-78)||Airline Pilot||$135,818|
|19||Danny Tanner||Full House (1987-95)||Morning Show Host||$130,000|
|20||Sandy Cohen||The OC (2003-present)||Lawyer||$113,780|
|21||Uncle Bill Davis||Family Affair (1966-71)||Consulting Engineer||$111,353|
|22||Sam Aldrich||The Aldrich Family (1949-53)||District Attorney||$102,504|
|23||Rob Petrie||The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961-66)||Head Comedy Writer (TV)||$95,941|
|24||Tom Corbett||The Courtship of Eddie's Father (1969-72)||Magazine Publisher||$95,021|
|25||Alan Harper||Two and a Half Men (2003-present)||Chiropractor||$87,672|
|26||Andy Taylor||The Andy Griffith Show (1960-68)||Sheriff||$84,019|
|27||Tom Scavo||Desperate Housewives (2004-present)||Regional Sales Manager||$83,688|
|28||Ross Gellar||Friends (1994-2004)||Professor of Paleontology||$81,904|
|29||Darrin Stephens||Bewitched (1964-72)||Advertising Executive||$70,785|
|30||Homer Simpson||The Simpsons (1989-present)||Nuclear Safety Inspector||$65,000|
|31||Henry Mitchell||Dennis the Menace (1986-88)||Engineer||$60,537|
|32||Frank Costanza||Seinfeld (1990-98)||Salesman||$59,070|
|33||Steve Douglas||My Three Sons (1960-72)||Aviation Engineer||$53,962|
|34||Nate Fisher||Six Feet Under (2001-05)||Funeral Director||$53,366|
|35||Ricky Ricardo||I Love Lucy (1951-57)||Bandleader||$51,931|
|36||Frank De Fazio||Laverne & Shirley (1976-83)||Pizza Bowl Manager||$51,896|
|37||Howard Cunningham||Happy Days (1974-84)||Hardware Store Manager||$49,796|
|38||Tom Bradford||Eight is Enough (1977-81)||Columnist||$49,065|
|39||Lars "Papa" Hansen||Mama (1949-56)||Carpenter||$48,170|
|40||Carl Winslow||Family Matters (1989-98)||Police Officer||$48,000|
|41||Herman Munster||The Munsters (1964-66)||Undertaker||$47,268|
|42||Chester A Riley||The Life of Riley (1953-58)||Airplane Riveter||$47,049|
|43||Ray Barone||Everybody Loves Raymond (1996-2005)||Sportswriter||$46,852|
|44||Ward Cleaver||Leave it to beaver (1957-63)||Accountant||$46,617|
|45||Archie Bunker||All in the Family (1971-79)||Dock Foreman||$45,431|
|46||George Burns||Burns and Allen (1950-58)||Entertainer||$44,386|
|47||Danny Williams||Make Room for Daddy (1953-65)||Nightclub Entertainer||$44,386|
|48||Mike Brady||Brady Bunch (1969-74)||Architect||$44,064|
|49||Elliot Stabler||Law & Order: SVU (1999-present)||Detective||$42,889|
|50||Andy Sipowicz||NYPD Blue (1993-2005)||Detective||$42,889|
|51||Steven Keaton||Family Ties (1982-89)||Public TV Station Manager||$40,713|
|52||Jim Anderson||Father Knows Best (1954-60)||Insurance Agent||$38,790|
|53||Dan Conner||Roseanne (1988-97)||Construction Worker||$38,202|
|54||Fred Flintstone||The Flintstones (1960-66)||Quarry Crane Operator||$37,357|
|55||Gary Ewing||Knots Landing (1979-93)||Mechanic (first job)||$33,529|
|56||Fred G. Sanford||Sanford and Son (1972-77)||Junk Dealer||$27,950|
|57||Al Bundy||Married with children (1987-97)||Shoe Salesman||$25,943|
|58||John Walton, Sr.||The Waltons (1972-81)||Lumberman||$24,128|
|59||Tony Micelli||Who's the Boss? (1984-92)||Housekeeper||$21,281|
|60||James Evans, Sr.||Good Times (1974-79)||Unemployed||$0|
Coldplay - Lips Like Sugar (Live @ T in the Park)
A great Echo and the Bunnymen cover, featuring Ian McCulloch.
Coldplay - What a Wonderful World (Live @ T in the Park)
An interesting cover with crowd-pleasing alternate lyrics.
- John Eff Kennedy - Bomb The Hamptons (celeb remix)
- BMG offers free Longwave EP with purchase
- Foo Fighters live webcast tonight
- Cassidy booked for murder, new Broken Social Scene in October, more
- Coldplay - Square One (team9s smalltown mix)
- Missy Elliott - Lose Control (video) and On and On (clip)
- Very old-school 2Pac freestyle (video)
- Mash-Up: King of Pants - Leave Me Alert (Not Guilty Mix), Michael Jackson vs Basement Jaxx, New POP77 mix, Longwave
- Mash-up: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Seven Nation Army
- Aguilera induces Guantanamo suffering, Cassette DJ, Family Guy Blog, more
- Astaire - L-L-Love
- EFF: Legal Guide for Bloggers, Paris Hilton retiring?, more
- Mash-Up: Stereolab vs. Gwen Stefani
- She Wants Revenge
- The Raveonettes - Love in a Trashcan (video)
- Michael Jackson acquitted, Bjork soundtrack, Tupac's Art Center, Missy and M.I.A., more
- Pete Tosh & Mick Jagger: Don't Look Back (video)
- Todd Stadtman
- Pink Floyd to re-form, The Downing Street Memo
Saturday, June 18, 2005 John Eff Kennedy - Bomb The Hamptons (celeb remix)
Wow, this song is brutally funny. The delivery is mediocre, reminiscent of Goldie Lookin' Chain. But the lyrics make up for that. Lyrical excerpts:
Hit the krispy kremes that mariah carey's in.
There's like a million gyllenhaals, kill em all.
jerry seinfeld's like 'what's the deal
with this land mine filling my nuts with steel?'
star jones is getting drunk with usher --
she's so big, we might need a bunker buster.
hit the yoga classes of all the a-lists.
leave bloody stumps with kabbalah bracelets!
BMG offers free Longwave EP if you purchase an Alternative/Modern Rock CD
Foo Fighters - Live Webcast Tonight at 11PM
Live from Roswell, NM on June 18th @ 11PM EST at http://guide.real.com/
Here's an audio clip of Best of You
The video for Best of You (video)
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
- Cassidy Turns Himself In On Murder, Weapons Charges
- Broken Social Scene - Windsurfing Nation comes out Oct. 4
- Kanye on new LP: "This Is Killing Everything Out There!"
- Strokes put finishing touches on third album
- Credit card breach exposes 40 million accounts
- NYT: Gay or Straight? Hard to Tell
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes engaged
- DiCaprio hit in face with beer bottle
Friday, June 17, 2005 Coldplay - Square One (team9s smalltown mix)
Coldplay - Square One mashed with Bronski Beats - Smalltown Boy
Don't miss team9's other excellent mashes/mixes
Thursday, June 16, 2005 Missy Elliott - Lose Control and On and On (wmv)
Thanks to Cliptip.
Well, this is a streaming video of 'Lose Control' (Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop, shorter than the album version), which blends into the first portion of her other single 'On and On' (featuring Pharrell).
Missy Elliott - The Cookbook
2Pac freestyle in NYC (video)
Not sure when this 1 minute video was taken, or the source.
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Mash-Up: King of Pants - Leave Me Alert (Not Guilty Mix), Michael Jackson vs Basement Jaxx, New POP77 mix, Longwave
- King of Pants - Leave Me Alert (Not Guilty Mix)
Basement Jaxx- "Red Alert" vs. Michael Jackson- "Leave Me Alone"
- New POP77 mix revists 1995
- Behind the scenes clip of Longwave's "There's A Fire" music video.
Also: Tour Dates
Aber N. Stein - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Seven Nation Army
Eurythmics vs. White Stripes
These songs were made to be mashed together!
- Christina Aguilera Songs Used To Break Down Prisoners In Guantamo Bay
- Boing Boing: Cassette DJ
Funky fresh tape deck DJ.
- The Family Guy Blog
- Mark Hamill may play Joker in Batman sequel
- Largehearted Boy: 2005 Bonnaroo Downloads
- TypeDrawing is a way to graphically animate words in order to express yourself. For example, here's my contribution to the site.
- The Huffington Post interviews Errol Morris
- You Ain't No Picasso: Architecture in Helsinki Interview
Astaire - L-L-Love
Hmm, after seeing stuff about Astaire posted at two of my favorite blogs, I figured I had to check them out. Boy, am I glad I did. Astaire is a Brazilian sibling duo whose music is an infectious blend of indie pop and electronica. If Julee Cruse or Sarah Cracknell entrance you, you should definitely check this group out. You will fall in l-l-love with Erica Driscoll beautiful voice. Their debut EP is entitled 'Don't Whisper Lies'. Also, check out some song clips at their MySpace site.
Astaire - Don't Whisper Lies