Saturday, November 11, 2006
- Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up (video)
Although this song makes me cringe, I am actually digging this video.
- "Secret" Zune Release Parties on 11/13/06. All shows are free!
- CHICAGO: Lupe Fiasco (4:45pm)
Lupe Fiasco will be playing @ 401 Michigan Ave.
- NEW YORK: Queens Of The Stone Age (9pm)
Tickets can be picked up @ Circuit City in Union Square TODAY starting @ 7pm EST on a first come first serve basis. Tickets come in pairs and you must be 21 or over.
Check BV on Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- LOS ANGELES: Red Hot Chili Peppers (8pm)
Tickets can be picked up @ Circuit City (4400 Sunset Blvd) TODAY starting @ 7pm on a first come first serve basis. Tickets come in pairs and you must be 21 or over.
Check LAist.com on Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- ATLANTA: T.I. (3:30pm)
Check SOHH.com's Atlanta Blog @ 8am Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- MIAMI: Morgan Heritage Band & Richie Spice (approximately 5:30pm)
Check The305.com @ 8am on Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- SEATTLE: The Secret Machines (11:50am)
The Secret Machines will be playing @ West Lake Plaza.
- "Office Space" Trailer Recut as a Thriller
A nice piece of editing in this mash-up.
- Robot Chicken - Calvin and Hobbes
Quite disturbing. As a huge fan of the comic, I find it offensively humorous.
- Lismore - Far Off and Away
- Lismore - 1979
Lismore isn't a straightforward indie pop band. The vocals have a hypnotic cadence, while the electronic and shoegaze elements contribute to the sonic equivalent of a strange dream. The Smashing Pumpkins cover is a bit awkward and soporific, but it does pick up towards the end.
- 65daysofstatic - Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
Starts out as a spooky soundtrack fit for a David Lynch film, then whips itself into a cacophonous Aphex Twin-esque frenzy. Can't say I love the jarring and somewhat coda.
- 65daysofstatic - Welcome to the Times
Not quite as focused or daring, but worth a listen.
- Beyonce and Eva Longoria in Sofia Coppola's next film?
They are slated to be involved in "Tipping the Velvet", an adaptation of a Sarah Waters novel about lesbian transvestitism in Victorian England.
- Greyhound Poops On Ohio Family
- RIP: Jack Palance | Gerald Levert | Ed Bradley
Labels: electronic, indie rock, pop, video