- Diddy - Everything I Love (remix)
This is a pretty solid tune from Diddy featuring Jadakiss, Nas and Cee-Lo; produced by Kanye West (mp3.) [via spine].
- The Boggs - Arm in Arm (Hot Chip Remix)
Nothing like an electro remix from Hot Chip to get your music on the map.
- Regina Spektor - Fidelity (video)
Fidelity is one of my favorite songs of the year, but I don't think I've seen the video until now. Regina Spektor looks pretty good in this. I just wish I could join her in the fun ending.
- Timbaland & Busta Rhymes in studio (video)
Timbaland and Busta Rhymes experiment with some hot beats in the studio. It can't be that easy for him to come up with beats like that.
- Shir Khan - Panic at the Disco DJ Mix
This mix features a hot mix of house and electro pop including remixes of The Gossip, Kelis, Basement Jaxx, Scissor Sisters, The Rapture, Depeche Mode, Cassius, and Roxy Music! Full track list is in the comments.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
- Architecture In Helsinki - Wishbone (Franc Tetas remix)
This is such a cute feel-good remix! I love the vocoderized chorus and the twee elements that preserve the fun of the original song.
- Fujiya & Miyagi - Ankle Injuries
This song sounds like a collaboration between Air and the Kings of Convenience. I like the stream-of-consciousness lyrics. However, the repeating "Fujiya Miyagi" line is rather annoying.
- R.I.P. Robert Altman
Farewell to one of the great American directors. Five Best Director Nominations and No Oscar: Robert Altman, Alfred Hitchcock, Martin Scorsese, Clarence Brown and King Vidor. One Oscar: Three Six Mafia.
- Barneys is selling Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup Cans
Friday, November 17, 2006
- Clipse - Dirty Money
Clipse - Nightmares
Proof positive that having the Neptunes help out on the production side is still a good thing. I can't wait to get my hands on the Clipse album. If the rest of the album holds up, it may beat out Ghostface, Dilla, and Hov for hip-hop album of the year. Still waiting on Nas to show me something too. Courtesy of Spine.
- Amy Winehouse - Rehab
This song has livened up the recent musical boredom I've suffered. Too bad she looks drugged out in the video. I'm not liking the eyeliner either.
- What not to get your kid for Christmas
Not quite as gross as Hasbro's Oozinator
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up (video), "Secret" Zune Release Parties, Office Space Mash-up Trailer, more
- Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up (video)
Although this song makes me cringe, I am actually digging this video.
- "Secret" Zune Release Parties on 11/13/06. All shows are free!
- CHICAGO: Lupe Fiasco (4:45pm)
Lupe Fiasco will be playing @ 401 Michigan Ave.
- NEW YORK: Queens Of The Stone Age (9pm)
Tickets can be picked up @ Circuit City in Union Square TODAY starting @ 7pm EST on a first come first serve basis. Tickets come in pairs and you must be 21 or over.
Check BV on Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- LOS ANGELES: Red Hot Chili Peppers (8pm)
Tickets can be picked up @ Circuit City (4400 Sunset Blvd) TODAY starting @ 7pm on a first come first serve basis. Tickets come in pairs and you must be 21 or over.
Check LAist.com on Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- ATLANTA: T.I. (3:30pm)
Check SOHH.com's Atlanta Blog @ 8am Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- MIAMI: Morgan Heritage Band & Richie Spice (approximately 5:30pm)
Check The305.com @ 8am on Monday morning to find out the venue location.
- SEATTLE: The Secret Machines (11:50am)
The Secret Machines will be playing @ West Lake Plaza.
- CHICAGO: Lupe Fiasco (4:45pm)
- "Office Space" Trailer Recut as a Thriller
A nice piece of editing in this mash-up.
- Robot Chicken - Calvin and Hobbes
Quite disturbing. As a huge fan of the comic, I find it offensively humorous.
- Lismore - Far Off and Away
- Lismore - 1979
Lismore isn't a straightforward indie pop band. The vocals have a hypnotic cadence, while the electronic and shoegaze elements contribute to the sonic equivalent of a strange dream. The Smashing Pumpkins cover is a bit awkward and soporific, but it does pick up towards the end.
- 65daysofstatic - Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
Starts out as a spooky soundtrack fit for a David Lynch film, then whips itself into a cacophonous Aphex Twin-esque frenzy. Can't say I love the jarring and somewhat coda.
- 65daysofstatic - Welcome to the Times
Not quite as focused or daring, but worth a listen.
- Beyonce and Eva Longoria in Sofia Coppola's next film?
They are slated to be involved in "Tipping the Velvet", an adaptation of a Sarah Waters novel about lesbian transvestitism in Victorian England.
- Greyhound Poops On Ohio Family
- RIP: Jack Palance | Gerald Levert | Ed Bradley
Thursday, November 02, 2006
- Marit Bergman - My Love (MP3)
Hm, she looks a little bit like Alanis up there. Marit does this rather lovely cover of Justin Timberlake's 'My Love'. I much prefer Marit's elegiac ballad to Justin and T.I.'s very overproduced version. I have Disco Belle to thank for this one.
- Carola & Marit Bergman - Waterloo (video)
Ok, Scandinavian pop stars have been flying under the radar too long. I'm sorry, I'm fairly ignorant of Carola Häggkvist, but she is apparently big in Sweden. I hope by now you're familar with Marit Bergman, who's temporarily filled my Robyn and Jenny Wilson void. She has a very busy looking website. Carola & Marit are together on this awards show doing an Abba cover.
- CSS - Alala (MP3)
I have no idea what this song is about, but it sounds like they're having a lot of fun with it. It's like Le Tigre, the B-52's, and Ratatat in a blender.