News: 50 Cent Ousts Game, Fat Joe and Nas on 50, Ringtones, MP3 Costs, R.E.M., WBSR Phone-In, Oscars, Optimus Prime, Marg Helgenberger, DC music
- 50 Cent Kicks Game Out of G-Unit
...followed by a shooting at Hot 97
- Fat Joe on 50 Cent
'Them Steroids Is Getting To Him'
- Nas on 50 Cent
"The game is looking terrible. It's a lot of guys out here, 'CB4' gangstas, making the rap game look bad."
- Evolution of ringtones
According to the New Yorker article, ringtones generated four billion dollars in sales around the world in 2004. That figure is mind-boggling. I guess people would rather make unnecessary entertainment expenditures and sit on their fat ass eating cheese doodles than find 10 minutes of time to find out how to make their own ringtones. They sound as good as the crap you can buy. With a little bit of Googling, you can find out how to upload it to your phone for free. My ringtone now: Underworld - Born Slippy.
- Legit MP3 costs set to increase
- R.E.M. pays tribute to John Peel
- Low-fi phone-in concerts on WBSR
Featuring Dennis Driscoll, World, The Microphones, Jolie Holland, and The Mountain Goats.
- Bestweekever on the Oscars
- Optimus Prime dies of prostate cancer
- Marg Helgenberger's lopsided lip
- DCist: This week's DC music to check out