Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Saturday, September 24, 2005

Brian Wilson Dialing Up Katrina Donors, Madden glitch causes shrinkage, NYT on CYHASY

Brian Wilson Dialing Up Katrina Donors
Wow, I already donated money for relief. But this is a tempting offer. At least a $100 donation, which Brian will match, will buy you a phone call from the legend of rock himself (until October 1). He's gonna have a massive phone bill.

Here's his post verbatim from his site:
I want to personally thank Iowa Jim for his post the other night challenging me to call him. Out of his post came a cool idea that my wife and I want to run by you. Jim challenged me to call him up, because he did not believe that it was me posting. He told me if I did he would make a donation to a charity for me. I didn't think I needed to prove anything other than at times I like to talk with you guys. Anyway, Melinda and I were discussing his post that night at dinner and we came up with a great idea. So here's the cool part. As most of you know Jerry Boyd has been collecting donations for the Hurricane victims who have been left homeless and in shelters. He told us at this point he has collected around $4,000. and many of you have send items too. He is grateful, but we want to make a bigger difference. Here's my challenge, for anyone who sends Jerry a donation of $100.00 or more, I will call you personally and answer a question that you may have, or just say hello or whatever. Also, my wife and I will match the donation. I know that this may not work for all of you, but anything that you can afford will help and I will match it. You can contact Jerry Boyd at djsurfclown@bellsouth.net and he can tell you how to proceed from there. I hope we can all have some fun with this and raise lots of money. L&M Brian P.S. Melinda is typing this for me and says hi! We will keep this challenge going until Oct. 1 and I am available to call you between 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Pacific time.



Madden 2006 bug shrinks one player to 7 inches tall [via Fark]
This is really funny!

New York Times on Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah


OMG, this is the funniest Fark Photoshop contest!



DJMonsterMo | 5:01 PM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus