Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Saturday, June 17, 2006

Chicagoland Stuff, 3kstatic, Spin DJ Short Film, more

  • Well, I'm all moved into Chicago. I think I love the city. Everything except the parking. Damn expensive or non-existent. Anyway, here's the view from my studio near the Navy Pier:




    Night view:


  • I explored Lincoln Park today. I found a parking lot where the first 45 minutes were free. So I ate my Boston Market meal faster than a school of piranhas devouring Mary-Kate Olsen, then ran to the barbershop, only to find out it was booked for the next hour. Oh well, made an appointment for tomorrow. I've been running around all day and still neglecting stuff I need to do before I start work. I was unable to make it out to the Taste of Randolph, which features Son Volt, The Bellrays, The Black Keys, and Toad the Wet Sprocket, among others. Hopefully, I have time to stop by tomorrow.

  • All ye that live in Chicagoland, note these upcoming free shows!
    Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Bloodyminded, Oscillating Innards at Empty Bottle (Monday, June 19, 2006)

    Seu Jorge, Amadou & Mariam at Millenium Park (Thursday, June 29, 2006)

    And of course, don't forget Intonation, next week at Union Park!

  • electronic mp3 3kstatic - Give Us Even More
    Not sure how to classify this. It lives somewhere between acid jazz, acid house, and muzak. It might be a worthy addition to your electronic playlist.

  • spin dj short film Spin
    Great short film. Gives new meaning to "Last night a DJ saved my life."

  • Remix the Barenaked Ladies.
    If I have time, I might try this contest.

  • pixar Ratatouille trailer New Pixar trailer: Ratatouille

  • Robots in heat
    Oh no they di'nt! NSFW?
    The sexed robots are autonomous wheeled platforms fitted with nylon genital organs, respectively male and female. They are programmed to explore their environment, occasionally entering a "in heat" mode, where they will try and locate a partner in the same state. If a partner is located, the robots will attempt to mate.

  • The Monkey Chow Diaries
    Some dude tries to survive on monkey food pellets. Gross.


  • USA! Let's go, gringos!

DJMonsterMo | 9:05 PM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus