Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Monday, June 26, 2006

No day 2 for me, New Fiona Apple (MP3), Free shows at Millennium Park

  • Sorry, I didn't make it to day two of Intonation. Let's just say that next time, I'm gonna boil the spicy sausage before sauteeing it with my pasta. I know, TMI. Showers probably didn't help matters either, for those that were there. I invite you to check out Chicagoist's coverage.

  • ONTD has a new song featuring Fiona Apple: Come On And Get It (Up In 'Dem Guts)
    Cringeworthy but hilarious. Let's hope this is not a new genre direction for her.

  • Free shows at Millennium Park:
    Today (June 26): Yo-Yo Ma
    I don't know much about classical music, but any chance to hear the best cellist in the world for free is an opportunity not to be missed.

    Seu Jorge music
    Amadou & Miriam music
    June 29: Seu Jorge and Amadou & Miriam
    I remember fondly Jorge's hilarious renditions of David Bowie songs in Portuguese in Wes Anderson's 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'. You bet I'm excited about this free show. Amadou & Miriam hail from Mali. They are a blind married couple who fuse Mali, African, French, and Syrian influences for a unique and funky world sound.

DJMonsterMo | 8:36 AM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus