Thursday, March 29, 2007
Sorry for the extreme lull in posting. Deovting time to super-sick cancer patients superseded blogging activities. But I'm back now. It's not a coincidence that as the weather is starting to warm up, the concert schedule in Chicago is heating up as well. I am desperately trying to find tix for Neko Case and Matt Pond PA tonight. Time to scour craigslist.
- Fader seems to be the only legit place to hear Dizzee Rascal's tactfully titled " P*ssyhole". Everyone else has been hated on with a DMCA notice, so no, I'm not going there. The early refrain goes "Don't let me get old school"; I guess he means like pre-feminism. I am feelin' the re-worked Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock beat though. Hint: If you view the page source for the above link, you can figure out how to download the file. No luck with hype machine? You can try technorati.
- A laid-back, summery re-interpretation of Lily Allen's Smile: Lily Allen featuring Wale - Smile (mark ronson DC remix)
- El Perro Del Mar - I Found a Reason
If you love the Velvet Underground as much I do, you might enjoy this lovely cover from El Perro Del Mar.
- New Deerhoof video! Deerhoof - The Perfect Me (video)
- My favorite Magnetic Fields song further solidifies its #1 position: I Guess I'm Floating has Arcade Fire's cover of Born on a Train. I very much prefer the original, but this isn't bad.
- The 10 Most Magnificent Trees in the World.
Really, it's a lot more interesting than you'd think.
The second feature-length film filmed in Esperanto, and starring William Shatner! Thought to be destroyed, a copy re-emerged (to the chagrin of all involved) and has now been re-released.
- Some 7 Elevens will change into real Kwik-E-Marts for the Simpsons movie. Pretty clever tie-in.
- Goldfish live in a deep fat fryer
What will those wacky Japanese think of next?
- How do you get from NY to Dublin?
Google Maps tells you to "Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 3,462 mi"
Labels: electronic, indie rock, mp3, video