Between Thought and Expression

An eclectic guide to life's musical journey.

  Menu    <<Home   Audio   Electronic   Film   Hip-Hop   Humor   Indie Rock   Mash-Ups   MP3s   Pop   Videos 


Thursday, February 17, 2005

R.I.P. Sammi Smith


Well, I don't consider myself to be any sort of country music expert. Actually, to be totally honest, I'm fairly ignorant of the whole genre. However, I thought that with my newfound love for Neko Case and alt-country, it would be short-sighted of me to ignore the recent passing of Sammi Smith and not listen to some of her old tunes, given her mark on the country music world. She is best known for her cover of Kris Kristofferson's "Help Me Make It Through the Night" (which you can sample below) and her sultry, stalwart alto voice.

Smith died at the age of 61 at home after an undisclosed long-term illness.

Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through the Night

Link

DJMonsterMo | 11:25 PM |

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus